Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Mild opisthotonos

[Ma...]

Since I came off CT from the meds in march 2022 I developed back arching backwards and neck too

They reinstated me after psych ward 2 months later

It never repaired itself.

I still have this

I can’t walk.

My own nerves and muscles are squeezing me to death.

Also I lost feeling in my whole body from the inside.

I don’t feel anything.

You could feed me 20 plates of food and I can not feel full neither do I feel hungry.

I have 100+ other symptoms which include severe Dystonia and Akathasia.

I know no one is going to react and that I am the unlucky one but I felt like I have to write this here so it’s documented.

Edit: Removed disallowed content

I see.  Imovane?

I've read a little about it and seems usually caused by antitipsychotics, not benzos or sedativive hypnotics.  I don't really know tho. 

Do doctors agree it is the Imovane Mascha?  Has their been any improvement at all? 

I know how terrible this whole experience can be and really hope you don't act on on the Si.  It is not worth it, and if it follows the course of antipsychotics, once the drug is removed it will get better.  Time.

I know very little Mascha, just want to send support and love to you.  Please don't give up hope Mascha we are all going through a most terrible time in our lives, but hold hope that with time we will regain ourselves again. 

Dee xxx

Hi Dee,

Thanks for your kind words ♥️

The mild form of opisthotonos I have to mention . My back arching backwards ( always - permanent) and my neck too. Feet feel pulled to my butt , but I can control my feet.

It happened the days after they took me off CT…

Are doctors offering anything to help, Mascha?  Do they believe it will resolve in time? 

What a terrible and frightening journey this is Mascha.  Four plus years for me, and think sometimes I will never fully recover.  Most people don't take 4 years Mascha.  :)

My daughter has schizophrenia and the stress associated with her illness keeps me stuck in flight/fight.  Had to resolve to have no contact, and for mental health services to take over in entirety.  It will kill me otherwise. 

Never thought I would have to do such a thing, but it's happened.  There is no other way.  She will continue to abuse me if I remain.  Can no longer cope with things as they are.  :'(

Let's just keep going Mascha.  Believe that all will be well with us even though we falter in this belief. 

Dee x

Hi Dee

I am really sorry to hear about you and your daughter.

Our children are the ones that keep us going but I see they can also be a trigger for worsening things.

It must be horrible for a mom to take that decision but it’s the best.

I am so sorry

I had to give my child to her father too 2022. Was not able to take care of her or even see her because my akathasia didn’t let me. Screaming crying and severe brain injury that kept me from communicating with her.

I did this alone and I came from so far but I don’t get any reward healthwise fir being so strong.

They’re is no sunshine after the storm.

The storm is never ending.

I hope you heal soon.

I think for me it’s too late…:(