Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Anyone developed bad gastric problems?

[le...]

Just wondered whether anyone developed bad gastric problems in this. Started couple months ago git gastric flu, then git food poisoning, then developed stomach problems. The latest started about month ago, husband had same symptoms so think must be a bug. Just bit worried as lost nearly stone in weight as finding it impossible to eat normally. Nausea initially diahirrhea, vomiting, now just feel off my food. Had load blood tests, and stool samples fir load things all OK. A,so screening fir bowed cancer, Have now bought some slim fast shakes as at least contain vitamins and minerals. I know meant eat healthily but if eat too much just bring it up. GP said may be lactose intolerant after food poisoning not sure what symptoms would be. It does sometimes temporarily ease fir couple days, then flares up again. I don’t drink milk anyway coz got ibs. Just so tired won’t give us antibiotics. Just finding bad physical symptoms ramping up the anxiety😩

Leann, all sorts of stomach and digestive issues are very common in benzo withdrawal and recovery, because the gut is known as a second brain with trillions of receptors, and they interact with each other.  Do a search for GI issues and you will find that there are many different types of GI issues we deal with.  Anxiety makes it worse!  Plus, as we get older the plumbing tends to slow down a bit!

My doctor has advised me to eat six small meals a day with lots of vegetables and fruits, with good protein thrown in.  No special diet, just good Whole Foods.

Have a good day,

GG

Thanks GG. Think this is a bug as husband got same symptoms. Just hoping eventually will run its course. I am limited to what I eat because had lit UTI infections in last and got IBS. Have just been trying nibble at things, I agree anxiety probably hasn’t helped.Suppose good sign nothing serious flagging up!