Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Feeling worse when taking doses after a cut.

[Fl...]

Does anyone else feel worse taking the medication after taking a cut. I always seem to have this problem but it seems to pass. Also do you think jumping off after tapering for several months could make symptoms worse? I’m a little under .5 mgs. I just want to get this over with. I’m so sick of being sick. Also what is a good dose to jump from on clonazepam.

Yes all part of this journey unfortunately….including not feeling like the medicine does anything at all or feel crummy/worse after taking some doses is common.

Your current dose is .5mg of K? Way way way too high to come off of, this is around 10mg Valium equivalent which is a very considerable dose. When talking in decimals for K, Ativan and Xanax it can be hard to decipher what might seem small.

The safe jumping dose for Klonopin is .025mg. (Notice the 0 in there).

Doing a 5-10% decrease every 2-4 weeks is what’s recommended to help ensure a safe, successful jump off of this stuff and give most people ability to try to live their lives alongside tapering. Going rapidly or cold turkey can be life threatening so please try to work thru the taper as best you can. So many of us just want to be done or get off this stuff and move on and unfortunately rushing it seems to not go very well for many. Trying to work thru coping and at a speed you can manage your day even though it might be uncomfortable is best way bc rushing can potentially prolong things on the other side once off. Never know what kind of case we will be until we have made the choice and then can’t undo it…. so from what I’ve seen/learned, best to be more cautious.

Thank you for responding. I know I'm getting impatient and need to just buckle down and continue to taper conservatively. Being so sick has gotten me down and this last cut brought on severe depression with being sick. This is the hardest thing I have ever done and I just want to be done. My rational mind tells me that won't happen by jumping off. Thanks again.