Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

3 Years TOTALLY healed, 6 year check in/support

[Mu...]

Hi benzo buddies!

MusicBuddy here. I can't believe it's been 6 years since the jump of hell! I wanted to reach out and let you know that I am here as a support anchor for anyone going through this nightmare. Recently I've had quite a few people reach out to me so I wanted to open up my table a bit more. You can read my success story on my profile in gritty detail but the highlights are : 8 years of ativan, tolerance withdrawal, weight loss, sensititivity to everything under the sun, seizures, heart stopped (flatlined) in the ER twice, rehab cold turkeyed me, reinstated and did a slower but still stupidly fast taper, had protracted withdrawal for 2 years with every gnarly symptom imaginable, to FULLY healed 3 years later. A rough ride! I have tons of tips and tricks to share so send me a message and hang in there!

-MusicBuddy  :smitten::)

• Love 1

Could you post the link to your original post?  Very inspiring story.  Thank you!

Hi Obiwans007 Welcome to Benzobuddies

Is this what you wanted, a link to musicbuddy's 2.5 years recovery story

A HELL of a recovery story: HEALED at 2.5 years

I hope to read more about your journey The type of benzo you take or have taken. Have you started or finished your taper?  If you need taper/withdrawal, or post withdrawal support, you can post to one of these boards. You will get plenty of help, encouragement and support here.

Magrita :thumbsup:

Planning Your Withdrawal (Taper)

Post-withdrawal Recovery Support

Withdrawal Support

sorry for this very specific and obsessive question but did you have cognitive problems from the withdrawal? if so, can you talk about what they were, how long you had them, and the process of recovering from them?

Thank you

Thank you Music Buddy!! I just may message you soon.  You are so kind to offer support to us. 

I'm so happy you are living your life joyfully!  :thumbsup: