Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Awful muscle tension…exhaustion…awful muscle tension…exhaustion…on repeat

[dj...]

Welcome to my life.  I’ll go 3-4 days where I have the most ungodly muscle tension, which is then followed by a couple days of pure, utter exhaustion and weakness where I can barely pull myself off the couch.  Then, I’ll get some energy but the muscle tension returns.  Then I’ll get fatigued again. 

It’s on a cycle right now.  Cannot catch a break.

Sounds like windows and waves pattern to me which is pretty normal! Hang in there! It is only temporary! Fatigue is my worst symptom, too and tension and pain... I think the bad fatigue will be caused by the unnatural muscle tension in withdrawal... the body and System simply connot relax! I wished I had the bit of Energy you mentioned...yet, I only rarely have it! I am phase 2... Still have more waves than windows... and my waves last longer than the windows for now.

Sounds like windows and waves pattern to me which is pretty normal! Hang in there! It is only temporary! Fatigue is my worst symptom, too and tension and pain... I think the bad fatigue will be caused by the unnatural muscle tension in withdrawal... the body and System simply connot relax! I wished I had the bit of Energy you mentioned...yet, I only rarely have it! I am phase 2... Still have more waves than windows... and my waves last longer than the windows for now.

There are absolutely no windows.  It’s just trading out one major symptom for another.  That bit of energy may be a 4 out of 10, where an exhaustion day is a 1.  Zero is dead.  3-4 is what I would normally have with the flu.  Every other day of my life probably 8-10 before benzo injury.  I’m not kidding or exaggerating anything.  Every day for me is like having the flu or the most ungodly hangover…or worse. 

But yes, I do think the heavy exhaustion is just the body shutting down after all the unnatural muscle tension.