Important Survey - Please Participate ×

It sucks how anxiety can just make your autonomic functions go haywire

[Fo...]

The benzo injury is kind of a double whammy in that regard.  Not only does it create chemical anxiety, but your autonomic functions become more sensitive to anxiety. 

This is such a cruel condition.  Just think of all the Catch-22 type stuff.  Oh you’re fatigued?  You should exercise.  Nope.  Can’t do that.  Oh you’re depressed or have anxiety?  Take an antidepressant.  Nope, that will just rev up my system and make everything worse. 

The benzo injury is kind of a double whammy in that regard.  Not only does it create chemical anxiety, but your autonomic functions become more sensitive to anxiety. 

This is such a cruel condition.  Just think of all the Catch-22 type stuff.  Oh you’re fatigued?  You should exercise.  Nope.  Can’t do that.  Oh you’re depressed or have anxiety?  Take an antidepressant.  Nope, that will just rev up my system and make everything worse.

No kidding,  it's exhausting.

I feel so brittle these days. Just got off a 12-day horrific wave. I never thought it possible to have a panic attack go 9 hours straight.

Had a minor argument with my mom last night and I felt so scared that I might trigger a wave. Full on broke down crying.

My anxiety comes from fear of criticism, rejection, and scolding. I took benzos coz I can't work on my thesis, the fear just overwhelms me with overthink. Now after benzos, I have that same anxiety x1000 AND added physical symptoms like someone stepping on my chest, churning in the guts.

I wish I never took this poison. I am so mad at my ex doctor.