Important Survey - Please Participate ×

High Resting HR all of a sudden

[Re...]

I have akathisia, and all of a sudden this week got a high resting HR on top of the other symptoms I have,

A nurse helps me, and she told me it was high. Is this a sign of something? I am not going to get tested, even if it is because, at this point, honestly, I feel like I am on death's door with all of this neverending crap.

I have tachycardia on and off also, sometimes just randomly in the middle of the night; it wakes me up.

Hi Rebecca,

I have had so many fluctuations in HR and BP, I lost count… but I can easily say hundreds of times I would be relaxing, watching tv, and all of a sudden feel a body-in crisis feeling that I am about to pass out, and the HR would go from 70-170… I had this happen at night a few times where I would wake up from a vivid dream where my heart rate is usually in the 50-60 range, and I would wake up suddenly, feeling sick like something bad is going to happen, and my highest HR recorded was 175… it took 20-40 minutes for the body to relax…

Most times I am either working at my desk or relaxing, and all of a sudden I can feel the palpitations and the HR rising into the 120-140 range.. this still happens to me almost daily, and I am 2.5 years out.

And my BP normally is around 110/70… I check it daily… but when a sudden anxiety episode hits I usually go to 140/85…. And the highest I ever recorded was 160/100… I wanted to call an ambulance for this one, but waited it out and it eventually got back to my normal…

This withdrawal process is extremely scary especially when I feel symptoms related to heart… it would be weird not to feel scared… but knowing that I have been through it hundreds of times, gives me a little comfort that this too shall pass 🙂

If it were just tinnitus by itself, it wouldn’t bother me… if it was just lightheadedness by itself it wouldn’t bother me… but when 5-10 symptoms creep up all at once I’m like really??? Haven’t I had enough of this nonsense? I guess the brain is still healing…

Hope this helps, u really are not alone.

Karla

Hi Rebecca,

I have had so many fluctuations in HR and BP, I lost count… but I can easily say hundreds of times I would be relaxing, watching tv, and all of a sudden feel a body-in crisis feeling that I am about to pass out, and the HR would go from 70-170… I had this happen at night a few times where I would wake up from a vivid dream where my heart rate is usually in the 50-60 range, and I would wake up suddenly, feeling sick like something bad is going to happen, and my highest HR recorded was 175… it took 20-40 minutes for the body to relax…

Most times I am either working at my desk or relaxing, and all of a sudden I can feel the palpitations and the HR rising into the 120-140 range.. this still happens to me almost daily, and I am 2.5 years out.

And my BP normally is around 110/70… I check it daily… but when a sudden anxiety episode hits I usually go to 140/85…. And the highest I ever recorded was 160/100… I wanted to call an ambulance for this one, but waited it out and it eventually got back to my normal…

This withdrawal process is extremely scary especially when I feel symptoms related to heart… it would be weird not to feel scared… but knowing that I have been through it hundreds of times, gives me a little comfort that this too shall pass 🙂

If it were just tinnitus by itself, it wouldn’t bother me… if it was just lightheadedness by itself it wouldn’t bother me… but when 5-10 symptoms creep up all at once I’m like really??? Haven’t I had enough of this nonsense? I guess the brain is still healing…

Hope this helps, u really are not alone.

Karla

Me too, lost count.