Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

Hydralazine, for neuropathy, gene expression and anxiety/depression

[De...]

I'm trying this drug on top of a few others on and off,

I'm starting this drug now, as it's being showing bennefits on nerve injuries, neurpathies, remyelination and neuroprotection, aswell on gabaergic and colinergics neurons

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0014488623000511

sharing

Hydralazine induces stress resistance and extends C. elegans lifespan by activating the NRF2/SKN-1 signalling pathway

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41467-017-02394-3

as a note, this drug as many others is known to cause drug induced lupus due to its effects on some genes, on methylation, take your decision based on your own necessity and research.

this really works for pain/neuropathy, it's calming, I mix it with pioglitazone and laying off from metformin (take it on and off sometimes)

I took a quarter of 50mg, 3 times a day.

now I can use some stuff what would hit my nerve injury spot in a unberable way(like centrophenoxine)  idk if it's due to its effects on inflammation, or cholinergic neurons, or lipid peroxidation and it's end products, or 5ht receptors, or whatever else mechanism of action listed above

also take in count that I also take pioglitazone and took pioglitazone and metformin for 2 or 4 months , I don't like metformin very much but anyway, when I first started taking metformin my tissues were completely isquemic, it really pushed my blood floow into peripheral tissues and it hurted a lot.. but it was necessary, neurpathy was unberable painful, I took 1 mg of Prozac here and there when it was too much of umberable due to nerve conduction issues, I guess that if I had used this(hydralazine) together it would aid with this sort of pain(neurpathy, nerve conduction and nerve pain) that I had to endure, it was so painfull and it kept going for years... honestly constant suicidal pain ..  I don't like how it feels.to.microdose prozac and it makes me strangely nervous but it helped with this kind of umberable nerve conduction issues, it felt like my nerve or whatever micro blood vessels would pop and bleed out inside.my skin .. 

i'm not using it .. because of the above, and it's not happening anymore,  if it gets back I plan to take 1 mg here and there just due to pain,.but I guess it.wont get.bad like this anymore and we got to do what we got to do to survive and endure/recover

I plan to keep taking hydralazine at 35 mg a day, more then that I get a headache..  and pioglitazone 30 mg a day for now

I'm dropping this our here as it can aid someone going trough umberable pain like me.. those are drugs so take riks in count.