Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Waves getting for intense.

[st...]

Hey guys. Does anyone know of stories where people's waves get worse as they got further out a d healed.  I'm 18 months out. Last month I had a week long window but my waves are getting worse. I think I have akathesia. I can't take it. I thought our waves are suppose to get lighter the longer we are off. 18 months and feeling worse??? I'm scared and feeling hopeless

This process is non-linear.  The Ashton manual says waves should get shorter and less intense, but there is anecdotal evidence on this forum that may not be true for everyone.  The wave you are currently experiencing will end. 

Hi Decatur!

U r in Withdrawal from ambien, after 14 years benzo free?

This is incredible, how strong these drugs are in altering the brain…

R u experiencing similar symptoms as to when u were in benzo withdrawal?

Just curious…

Karla

That's what's freaking me out.....the whole part where it gets less intense and shorter. Mine are longer and more intense. I can't keep up with these symptoms for years.  The fast that they are more intense makes me think I have a long long road ahead of me and I can't go on for years like this

Karli

Yes.  I went through a relatively easy withdrawal from Ativan 14 years ago.  Then in 2019 took Ambien very briefly.  Back into withdrawal.  Same symptoms, but much more intense and longer lasting.