Important Survey - Please Participate ×

It’s been smooth so far, but…

[Ph...]

To be honest i feel kind of guilty posting this as i see so many suffering here. I have cut ambien from 10mg to 0 in about 3 weeks and just suffered minor insomnia for a week. I subbed over from Ativan to Valium over 3 weeks and cut (by ashton standards) as i subbed. Went from 1mg Ativan to 7mg Valium. Cut to 6mg a few weeks later. I still have barely had any serious w/d?  I am still going to go slow and steady making a cut every 2 to 4 weeks. I know at some point w/d will happen because i experienced it when i ct’d and underdosed before reinstating at the beginning of this journey.

I am extremely grateful for how it has gone so far but i cant be luck all the way through this right?  At some point the pain is going to hit. I just really want to try and hold a job through this if i can!

I hope all  goes well for you. Maybe you are one of the lucky ones who won’t have to many horrible symptoms. Good luck!

I'm so glad you've had a fairly good taper. Benzo tapering doesn't have to be suffering and no there's no reason why the pain should hit. I was working all the way through my taper and if it wasn't for  Long Covid I would've worked my way through it. It wasn't easy it was very challenging but I wasn't suffering.

I was in benzo hell at the start of my taper so I know what it feels like. But my story is similar to yours. The rest of my taper was okay, I wasn't in agony like most people here. Some of us can taper slowly and  have some resemblance of life. I'm grateful for that.