Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Anyone else have a creepy feeling?

[B1...]

I mean not like physically, emotionally more so. Since my life exploded in like 0.2seconds, I feel just uncomfortable and that reality is weird. Feel creeped out by the experience. Doesn't feel like DPDR but I imagine it could fall under that? Just cannot believe my life has taken such a turn and just feel all weird about it. Anyone else?

Btw been microtapering 0.005 every day and seems to be going okay. All my symptoms have stayed the same since my first big cut. I'm at 0.38 rn and should be off by end of August. Thank god. I have this odd feeling I might be lucky and feel better after I jump, this drug feels so toxic to me. Will obviously slow down my taper if my body and brain tell me to, but so far I'm still able to go about my, albeit limited, life.

[a1...]

Hi B1rdie

Do you think you may be referring to something similar to ‘creepy nostalgia’ ?

If so, it’s very common.

Actually, creepy nostalgia is really just one symptom aspect of a much broader fear that tends to permeate the entire mind and body in benzo withdrawal.

I suspect this is what you’re experiencing.

Oooh yes. Yes I experience it mostly when I'm thinking about my past and how f'ed up everything now is. Do you have any more information on it? Never heard the term before.

Yeah, 100% what Winters sun said. I have had many moments where I feel like I cannot believe or comprehend or accept the turn my life has taken. Or the fact that you can't remember what "normal" feels like, or that you ever felt "normal".

Thank you!! It definitely did. I'm so glad I'm not alone in that. And especially the feeling of ever having felt normal.you don't know you're feeling normal until you don't anymore. This whole experience reminds me of comin down from MDMA, although with that I knew that it would be short-lived. Wild! I hope it passes when I recover.