Important Survey - Please Participate ×

what is you were put on this drug for serious psychatric syptoms?

[ni...]

i was put on this drug when all else failed and to stop my going in psch ward. i ended up stuck with smpathetic switched on with central sentization which quite frankly sent me loopy. they didnt know what else to do with me. now im stuck in catch 22 of needing drug for complex mental and physical symptoms but tolerant to it. i guess il just kee[ reaching tolerance if i follows drs advice and go up again. my phy problems cannot be treated and only k helped. i feel very helpless.

Originally  I had health issues (stomach pain) that I didn't have a definitive answer for. Dr. visit after Dr. visit, no answers, just maybe its this, maybe its that. My anxiety spiraled out of control and was given Ativan to "feel better" without one whit of warning or education on what taking a benzo would do to me.

I don't know what you're going through, but I find that one of the worst mistakes I've made is assuming I can "never" do something or that solution X is the "only one that works". We make a lot of assumptions in our lives and talk therapy with a good psychologist has helped me get the road of correcting my thinking and approach to life. Always a work in progress, but things are definitely better now.

as i said, my sympathetic nervous system was/is stuck switched on, and pain cetnralised and went everywhere . only treatment is benzo. :(

Have you tried alternatives like body based practices such as acupuncture, reiki, craniosacral therapy? Have you tried mild hyperbaric oxygen therapy or red light therapy? They are all good for a CNS in fight/flight.

[15...]

as i said, my sympathetic nervous system was/is stuck switched on, and pain cetnralised and went everywhere . only treatment is benzo. :(

Hi ninja

Do you have any reactions to foods?

I used to get stuck in super heightened fight or flight mode (sympathetic nervous system) for very long periods of time because of food chemical ( histamine, salicylate) intollerances. I ended up on benzodiazepines because of this, without knowing what was going on. It all stemmed from gut issues… SIBO and Intestinal permeability.

The other thing I noticed was that it’s very difficult to tell the difference between benzodiazepine withdrawal symptoms and food chemical reactions because they trigger the very same systems in the body, and therefore, the very same symptoms. 

Just thought it may be worth mentioning.

Are you in tolerance or forced to taper?

I think there's still ways to learn to deal or hopefully mitigate the pain and PTSD. But I also believe not eberyone should have to go off these drugs. They do help some people.