Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Gabapentin and healing

[ap...]

I am currently still healing from benzo, off 10 months. On Gabap. 600mg, will this affect healing from my benzo injury.

I was given gabap. for bad back pain

Hi appleeater :hug:  Welcome to Benzobuddies

We are glad you joined us,  withdrawal symptoms can take a long time to resolve, 18 months before I felt better.  You have to distract yourself from the symptoms if you can. With some time, it will ease and eventually symptoms will disappear.  Take a look around the forum, post questions our members are very supportive.

Check out The Ashton Manual,  It is a great resource for understanding the effect benzo?s have on our body, It also has a list of common symptoms 

The Ashton Manual.

You might like to post to this group:   

Gabapentin(Neurontin) Withdrawal Support

If you care to add a signature (history of meds/doses etc) it will help members give you relevant advice.  Go to the top of the page and select PROFILE then choose forum profile then insert drug history into the text box and remember to click change profile

Welcome aboard

Magrita

I can’t answer for you personally but I’ve seen a lot of people on here heal just fine while taking Gabapentin.  I think this damage is pretty unique to benzos, especially the protracted part of it.  However, Gabapentin has its own withdrawal issues, but by most accounts, the symptoms, while they can be really intense, don’t last that long.  I was taking 700mg of Gabapentin a few years ago and I would get nasty withdrawals for like 48 hours after each 100mg cut but they were gone after that.

I had a horrible experience on gabapentin and getting off it BUT the majority of people don’t.

I thought lots of people would share my experience but I was kind of deflated at how many people don’t have any problems going off it.  I guess it speaks to the uniqueness of all our brains.

I had a horrible experience on gabapentin and getting off it BUT the majority of people don’t.

I thought lots of people would share my experience but I was kind of deflated at how many people don’t have any problems going off it.  I guess it speaks to the uniqueness of all our brains.

I think a lot of people here do have problems going off of it.  But, due to their benzo experience they are careful tapering and by comparison to benzos, the withdrawal is minor. 

Djej2010:  I hate gabapentin.  I think that a medication used for epileptic seizures probably shouldn’t be used off label for so many other disorders.  I was all fired up to complain to my doctor but I just couldn’t find a lot of proof. 

Djej2010:  I hate gabapentin.  I think that a medication used for epileptic seizures probably shouldn’t be used off label for so many other disorders.  I was all fired up to complain to my doctor but I just couldn’t find a lot of proof.

All those seizure medicines are used for other stuff.  Lamictal, Depakote, Topamax, Trileptal - used for epilepsy, bipolar disorder, migraines, anxiety sometimes. 

I don’t think Gabapentin is used that much for epilepsy anymore.  It’s mostly used for pain and helping people get off benzos and alcohol (oh the irony).  I have read of people who get hit harder with Gabapentin withdrawal than benzos.  But, most of what I’ve read is that it’s over relatively quickly. But, everyone is different.