Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Did I really have wd syndrome from just 0.25mg xanax twice per week for 3 month?

[Al...]

I'm 6 years out and am having a major relapse of  anxiety, insomnia,  muscle issues,  and neuropathic pain symptoms without even touching a benzo or gabaergic substance. Im now starting to doubt whether my years of original symptoms ever even had anything to do with benzo withdrawal or whether they were due to a different drug,  underlying anxiety, or some neurological disease. This is because looking back I took a pathetically low dose regimen. When i was at my worst I took 0.25mg of xanax prn about twice per week for 3 months. Is this kind of use really enough even cause any kind of withdrawal syndrome,  let alone a severe one?

Um hi. I took zoloft for three days and ended up hospitalized for serotonin syndrome. Then took klonopin for 6 weeks only and I’m 11 months out and still suffering symtoms. I doubt everyday it’s withdrawl, but yes you can get injured by one pill apparently. ONE! I’m sorry you’re suffering as well. Wishing you well

It's possible I got ss or an injury from one of the antidepressants I tried but that's not what talking about.  I want to know if I had benzo withdrawal syndrome. I don't think I had an acute injury from xanax because I was using it prn monthly or weekly since 2013 for dental procedures and panic attacks with no bad effects at all.  But in 2016 when I got sick and the frequency increased to twice per week as well as various other changes in my life,  health, and medications,  that's when shit hit the fan.  And I'm trying to figure out if it's from the xanax or something else. I want to know if dependence,  down regulated gaba receptors,

and withdrawal is a thing when we're only talking about 0.25mg of xanax taken twice per week. Thanks

I would have to say that’s incredibly unlikely.  But, looks like you’ve also used Ambien (z-drug that acts very much like benzos) as well as some other psychoactive meds.  So that complicates things. 

I believe it possible even at such low dose. 

As well other psychoactives throughout.

However, still believe it possible with the Xanax alone.

Have you had your CYP450 system genetically analyzed? You could have genetic testing done by an expert in adverse drug interactions. Provide your complete drug and medical history and have genetic testing done. That might give you an answer.