Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Terrible Suffering

[Pe...]

Such severe depression. Even the success stories aren’t bringing comfort. I had a great life before, have good support with a family I love so much, lots to look forward too but the mental pain is terrible. How do I endure? How do I go on? 60% off 1.5 mg clonazepam- started taper Jan 20, 2022. I used to be so happy. Is there any way out of this? I feel trapped.

[13...]

Hi Perseverance

I’m so sorry to hear you’re in the depths…

In your signature, you say your husband says you’re tapering at about 6% per month. Are each of these 6% reductions being recalculated from your total ‘remaining’ dose each fortnight or month… as apposed to making exactly the same reductions in weight or volume every month where the percentage continues to rise as the total daily dose lowers?

Perseverance, What are your other symptoms? Gosh, I empathize with you. I know that "trapped" feeling all too well. I went through benzo withdrawal and was put on Seroquel, which I have felt "trapped" tapering. Like you, I am about to start a blind taper. Years is too much time spent on this.

We are doing per cent of the current dose.

All my symptoms? Severe depression (mental anguish, inability to feel pleasure, I rarely laugh or smile, lack of motivation) with SI, insomnia (varies with each night), burning arms and legs (mostly when laying down) weak feeling legs at times, anhedonia (that is so hard), obsessive thoughts, extreme envy of anyone not going through Benzo withdrawal and leading normal lives, blepharitis and styes, tinnitus more noticeable (had it before), skin breaking out, weight loss, irritability, anxiety, restlessness, fear, heartburn, monophobia, mood swings (I get a couple of okay days or half days a week, the rest are bad or extremely bad), hyperventilating, and crying. And I just don?t feel like me- I?m not the regular Mom, wife, sister etc. that I was. This one breaks my heart. And hopelessness.

Perseverance, what you're going through is heart-wrenching, and I'm truly sorry.  It sounds exactly like what I was going through this past winter, and honestly, I didn't want to go on another day.  I hesitate to say this, because it's not likely your cause too, but it's worth mentioning just in case.  When I happened to cut out sugar, all those symptoms soon disappeared, and I feel happy and calm again.  Otherwise, I taper very, very slowly; I totally recommend it if you can.  You will be in my prayers.