Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Cold water an issue?

[Pe...]

At home I have a cold shower when I am really bad mentally. Also at our summer place where I am now (horrible experience to get here) I jump in the ocean- very cold, western coast of Canada. At night I suffer from burning arms and legs that wakes me up around 3:00 or 4:00. The legs are the worst. Do you think the cold dips are causing the burning pain?

Do you take your dose at night before bed?

OK, so I had this as well. And I had to stop the cold showers because I thought the same thing. It worked. The cold showers were indeed making it worse at one point. So I stopped them.

Instead, I took lukewarm baths with pure oatmeal (blend the flakes raw in a blender). Put heaping tablespoons of coconut oil in the bath with the oatmeal. All organic. I sat in there for hours if necessary. Lived in the tub. That gave me 4-5 hours of relief. Maybe it will help you?

The burning pivoted, just so you know. I felt like I was being electrocuted for weeks and weeks. It went, I took Benadryl and it returned. So maybe a histamine issue? Not really sure.

Anyway, it is not what it was. Now I feel like hairbrushes are pressed all over my body but it comes and goes. But way more tolerable than before.

It can shift. I hope it shifts for you soon.