Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

Lyrica/Pregabalin and Cortisones, somebody?

[Ta...]

Hello,

My GP prescribed me Lyrica/Pregabalin to calm my nervous system and have less pain on the back of my head. Also for not having to pee every 15 minutes And prevent that I can’t sleep at night because of going to the bathroom 10 times and the really severe pain on the back of my head.

She also want to give me injections with cortisones in my neckmuscles, to relief the severe pain where my muscles are attached to my skull..

English is not my language, as you can surely notice...

What do you people think of these 2 medications?

Can I safely use them, as my doctor says?

Thank you for answering me.

Love, Tante

Hi Tante, I would try other options first if I were you. How about physical therapy or massages for the muscles or an acupressure mat?

Yes, definately,  I would try other options, too, if I was you! Especially I want to warn you of Lyrica! That is hell of a substance! Much worse than benzos (concerning w/d!) I was put on Lyrica (7 weeks only) I had a 6 month extreme hellish withdrawal with the worst akasthisia for which I was put on benzos again by doctors... but benzos didn't even help! Lyrica withdrawal was way worse for me than Klonopin and Valium together!!!

I would stay far away from cortisones.  Steroids of all kinds have put folks back into acute withdrawal.  You do not want that!