Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Reinstating

[Ma...]

My cat died 2 days ago, I have a medical ‘emergency’, barely hold on throughout the day and am in bed by 3 p.m. Today is 1st day in month 9. I put up a good fight but my overall health cannot take anymore.

Please, nothing negative-I cannot take anything else….TY

[49...]

Hi Mary

I’m so sorry to hear about your beloved cat passing away, as well as your overall decline in health, Mary. It must be so terribly rough. Big hug

It’s never ideal to reinstate, but if you feel that you really don’t have any other choice at this time, then I think you have to do what you feel is right for you.

I would just try and reinstate at as lower dose as possible, just enough to give you the relief you feel you need.

It’s hard to say how long it will take you to stabilise, as it will come down to your symptom profile and the intensity of your symptoms, but I imagine it shouldn’t take too long given you’ve been off for nine months. I wish I could give you a specific timeline, but unfortunately it’s a bit of a guessing game.

We’re here for your support, Mary, so stay in touch and let us know how you go with the reinstatement, and if you feel ready at some point to taper off again… we’ll be right here.  :hug:

WS

Much love to you, Mary. My sincere condolences. I hear a medical emergency and I hope that you are alright, buddy.

Why did you quit the benzos, to begin with? Did you reach tolerance? Which benzo were you on?

[49...]

Hi Mary

Rebecca asks a couple of pertinent questions…

I’ve just been through a few of your earlier posts and see you say you reinstated 0.06 twice per day in December, so I’m confused…

You say it’s month nine of recovery, but if you reinstated in December then you began recovery again once you stopped the medication after that. I also see you say that you’d been on 3mg for years and your body will now only tolerate a 0.06mg dose, so I’m concerned that you may reach a point where you simply won’t tolerate the medication at all if you continually reinstate. Maybe you will, but maybe you won’t.

How long did you reinstate for in December?

Wondering if you could do us all a favour, especially yourself, and fill out your signature so we all have a clear understanding of your medication history, timelines, and how fast your tapers were carried out.

Add your history/signature