Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Can you become MORE anxious at eight months out?

[Ho...]

For the last week I've had increasing anxiety and I can't figure out what's going on. I was never a particularly anxious person until I started weaning Clonazepam. I noticed increasing anxiousness a year ago April. Now, at eight months out, I'm suddenly increasingly anxious. Morning isn't too bad but it ramps up and up and up until evening and it's crushing. I'm doing OCD things I never did before; (touch one side three times, touch the other for example).

I want to ask, is that normal but who knows what is normal? Is anyone experienced with this? It's stressful and I can't seem to get around it; can hardly be still!

yes it is very very common it will wax and wane right along with the windows and waves it should ,like every thing else get better with time , good luck

yes it is very very common it will wax and wane right along with the windows and waves it should ,like every thing else get better with time , good luck

Thanks for replying, wm! How far are you in this journey?

I feel like it's normal, but you're also tapering an AD (which tackles OCD) so I'm not sure if it's completely out there to think that you could be experiencing anxiety from that. Hopefully you'll stabilize soon!

I feel like it's normal, but you're also tapering an AD (which tackles OCD) so I'm not sure if it's completely out there to think that you could be experiencing anxiety from that. Hopefully you'll stabilize soon!

That's the weird thing; I never had problematic OCD. I was put on Mirt and Lamectal for depression. I'm so low on the Mirtazepine it's hard to think it's doing anything, but I suppose it is. Maybe that's it, and that's why my anxiety shot up so badly. I only have 1.3 mg to go (or thereabouts).

Yes, hopefully I will, soon!  Thanks for responding!  :hug:

Yes you can, sometimes even old symptoms from very early on pop up once in a while and dissapear again.

I still get waves of anxiety  that can either last a few hours or a few days

Yes you can, sometimes even old symptoms from very early on pop up once in a while and dissapear again.

I still get waves of anxiety  that can either last a few hours or a few days

I'm so sorry—thank you for answering! All of this took me by surprise; I was not expecting a completely new symptom to hit just like that,  :sick:

Here's to better days ahead  :)

Up and down all the time, more then less, less then more. Exhausting.

Exhausting. That's an accurate word. I looked at my face today and I've aged ten years in nine months.

It's good to know that this weird thing is, in our world, kinda normal.  :thumbsup:

Up and down all the time, more then less, less then more. Exhausting.

Exhausting. That's an accurate word. I looked at my face today and I've aged ten years in nine months.

It's good to know that this weird thing is, in our world, kinda normal.  :thumbsup:

Yes,  me too, much aging,  look very tired.  =/ ❤️

My absolute worst anxiety was at 6 mos out. I remember being terrified to be alone and I didn’t sleep for a week!