Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Why the windows and waves

[De...]

I had such a great day yesterday, my head was quiet, I felt strong, I was stiff but nothing I couldn’t handle. I started to feel some hope. Today is the complete opposite. My head is so loud, I can’t stop crying, I feel no hope. I don’t really know what I’m asking, I am looking for support or a pep talk.

Thanks,

-D

It can be a very rough ride.  Windows give us a glimpse of what recovery will feel like but the window/wave pattern is really challenging.  A wave after a window feels like the rug has been ripped out from under you and you may wonder if you'll ever have another window.  But this is the twisted, herky-jerky path to healing.  Like every other hard day you've pushed through before you'll get through this one.  You're on your way to longer windows and eventually, recovery.  Hang in there. 

It felt like there was no choice but to push forward through each day. It was also a choice to believe I would heal.  There were many times I felt hopeless.  But I refused to give in to it.  I put what energy I had into self care - walking outside every day, healthy eating, meditation, yoga, TV shows that made me laugh, etc.  Reading Success Stories was a huge source of encouragement.  I hope you have a good long window soon.  You'll get through this.  The worst of it will pass with time.

How did you do it? How did you hold on and keep the faith that you would heal?

Hi Love,

Just wanted to reply and say... you're doing great. Hold onto that window. Hold onto that great day. Your NEXT window is right around the corner. Your next joyful moment, hopeful moment... your next good deep sleep... day pain free etc... it will happen.

Hold onto this: YOU are inspiring me today, to keep going. Hang in there.