Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Seeing tiny black specs flying everywhere

[Je...]

Hi,

I am currently working on my taper. I've come a long way since January of this year. Started with 10+ mg of lorazepam and currently down to 2 mg diazepam in the morning and 5 mg in the evening. Since a little while I am seeing black specs everywhere, especially when I look at white or lightly colored things. They almost look like little insects but there aren't any. Checked with my friend and she is not seeing any of it. Anybody that recognizes this as a withdrawal symptom. Would put me at ease if other people have experienced this too.

Thanks

I’ve got a lot of eye floaters but its age related, I don’t worry about them.  If you’re concerned, it would  probably be a good idea to get your eyes checked.

Hi,

I am currently working on my taper. I've come a long way since January of this year. Started with 10+ mg of lorazepam and currently down to 2 mg diazepam in the morning and 5 mg in the evening. Since a little while I am seeing black specs everywhere, especially when I look at white or lightly colored things. They almost look like little insects but there aren't any. Checked with my friend and she is not seeing any of it. Anybody that recognizes this as a withdrawal symptom. Would put me at ease if other people have experienced this too.

Thanks

Hi Jen- This is so crazy... but I had never had this symptom prior to today, but read your post and realized... "wait... I actually experienced this TDOAY."

I'm tapering off Alprazolam and Diazepam both - I'm making progress but the closer I get to the end, the weirder the symptoms get. The only way I know how to describe what I saw, is these thin long grayish black floaty things. They come and go. Very intermittent. Not painful or anything just odd. Hopes this helps to 'normalize' the symptom a little.

By the way... you're doing amazing. Read your progress/taper. You have a lot to be proud of.

I definitely had these and, to an extent, still do. Dr. Ashton referenced these in her manual. They're to be expected but, as Pamster said, do what you need to do for your own peace of mind.