Important Survey - Please Participate ×

updosing benzos for the long term

[ni...]

I'm so severly ill Im not discussing it. Im fighting to get off this drug but am incapacited with serious physical health issues. Can someone who has reached tolerance updose and be on benzos more long term ? I need to get physical conditions under control.  I don't seem to have a choice because I cannot cope as I am. Any experiences?

I'm really sorry you're struggling so much. I cannot imagine how difficult it must be. If  in tolerance you can updose but eventually you will get tolerant to the higher dose as well. How long it will take  to reach tolerance again we don't know, it can be very quick or it can take a bit longer. I wish I had better news. These drugs are absolutely horrible.  :hug:

Dr. Ashton did observe that some patients were not able to taper off and required benzos permanently. I don't know when that's right and when it's not, but if that's the answer, that's totally okay. There is no shame in it.

Dr. Ashton did observe that some patients were not able to taper off and required benzos permanently. I don't know when that's right and when it's not, but if that's the answer, that's totally okay. There is no shame in it.

Some people are able to stay on benzo's for life. The problem here however is tolerance. Once you've become tolerant to your original dose you automatically start experiencing withdrawal symptoms whether you taper or not. The only options to get relief from tolerance withdrawal is to either updose or taper. The problem with updosing is you will get tolerant to the higher dose again requiring you to updose even more and the cycle continues. Tolerance withdrawal is a very difficult situation to manage. I hope this helps explain a bit more.  :)

Some people are able to stay on benzo's for life. The problem here however is tolerance. Once you've become tolerant to your original dose you automatically start experiencing withdrawal symptoms whether you taper or not. The only options to get relief from tolerance withdrawal is to either updose or taper. The problem with updosing is you will get tolerant to the higher dose again requiring you to updose even more and the cycle continues. Tolerance withdrawal is a very difficult situation to manage. I hope this helps explain a bit more.  :)

This is correct. A good complimentary post.

Ninjapanda, I feel your pain. I am in a similar situation. Speaking with Dr. Josef Witt-Doerring has helped me. Not sure if you are in the US, but that might be an option. He is licensed in 15 states.

No im in the UK, i was thining about him actually earlier, what did he say to you in regards to this matter? in the UK we have no benzo informed psuchatirsts who are practising.