Sexual dysfunction from benzos.

[Ma...]

I am sorry, Maytas.  :therethere:

What about the genital numbness you find especially discouraging? What meaning does this all have for you?

Hello new0girl.

It makes me feel that I have lost the sensation in that area. Which makes me feel that I have become asexual for rest of my life. This feeling is horrible. Its unbearable.

Thanks for the reply.

Is my symptom of sexual dysfunction (loss of libido, numbness in private parts, no erections, pleasure-less orgasms etc.) rare in benzo withdrawal?

I have visited many websites about PAWS from benzo. Some of them do mention this symptom, but it is just another thing in the list, mostly neglected. I see very few people complaining about it. It is not discussed as much as other symptoms.

Why so?

Is my symptom of sexual dysfunction (loss of libido, numbness in private parts, no erections, pleasure-less orgasms etc.) rare in benzo withdrawal?

I have visited many websites about PAWS from benzo. Some of them do mention this symptom, but it is just another thing in the list, mostly neglected. I see very few people complaining about it. It is not discussed as much as other symptoms.

Why so?

[9c...]

Hi Maytas

I’m only taking a guess here… but, I imagine that for many people in benzodiazepine withdrawal, they are so distressed by the intensity of so many other terrible symptoms, that any kind of sexual activity would be one of the very last things on their minds.

It’s just an educated guess.

Hi Maytas

I’m only taking a guess here… but, I imagine that for many people in benzodiazepine withdrawal, they are so distressed by the intensity of so many other terrible symptoms, that any kind of sexual activity would be one of the very last things on their minds.

It’s just an educated guess.

This. Exactly this!  ;)

Maytas, can you maybe think of a list of your qualities? I am sure your a complex human being with more things going on for you than just your sexuality.

Sending you lots of hugs  :hug: :hug: :hug:

The loss of sexuality by benzos is not a simple dip in sexual desire, we experience in life due to stress etc.

It is very very dramatic. It is complete inability to feel any kind of sexual feeling. It doesnt get better if I feel less stressed or happy. The feeling is not like 'not being in mood'. It is rather like loss of a part of the body. It is not a mental thing, it is physical (or neurochemical) inability.

It is completely unrelated to your mood and stress level.

The loss of sexuality by benzos is not a simple dip in sexual desire, we experience in life due to stress etc.

It is very very dramatic. It is complete inability to feel any kind of sexual feeling. It doesnt get better if I feel less stressed or happy. The feeling is not like 'not being in mood'. It is rather like loss of a part of the body. It is not a mental thing, it is physical (or neurochemical) inability.

It is completely unrelated to your mood and stress level.

• 2 weeks later...

HELP ME PLEASE.

32, male. I am off benzos since a year. No libido at all since a year. No sexual thought comes or stays in my mind. No morning or nocturnal erections. Less sensation in private parts, a kind of numbness down there. Weak/No erections, if I try hard. Low ejaculatory volume. Pleasure-less orgasms.

I was normal before these pills.

Hormones results are normal. Life has become really difficult.

Has anyone had the same symptoms and have recovered from this?

Do I have any hope? Do you know any doctor who can help me?

PLEASE HELP ME. HELP ME.

HELP ME PLEASE.

32, male. I am off benzos since a year. No libido at all since a year. No sexual thought comes or stays in my mind. No morning or nocturnal erections. Less sensation in private parts, a kind of numbness down there. Sometimes I absolutely don't feel my testicles. Weak/No erections, if I try hard. Low ejaculatory volume. Pleasure-less orgasms. Functionally Asexual.

PLEASE HELP ME. HELP ME.

[9c...]

HELP ME PLEASE.

32, male. I am off benzos since a year. No libido at all since a year. No sexual thought comes or stays in my mind. No morning or nocturnal erections. Less sensation in private parts, a kind of numbness down there. Sometimes I absolutely don't feel my testicles. Weak/No erections, if I try hard. Low ejaculatory volume. Pleasure-less orgasms. Functionally Asexual.

PLEASE HELP ME. HELP ME.

Hi Maytas

Just keep in mind that many members who (at some time or another) may have experienced very similar symptoms, are probably now recovered and no longer logging in to the site.

Note: You can just type BUMP, then tap POST, and it will push your thread to the top of the thread list again, without having to type out your questions again.  :thumbsup: