Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Does anyone know what happened to the user Naf1983?

[ne...]

I recently noticed he deleted his account. He seemed like a nice guy and gave some helpful advice, I was sorry to see him disappear. Did anyone communicate more frequently with him, who knows something about his decision?

I think it's because he's pretty stable on his dose, knows all about withdrawal now and he's focusing on his podcast. There's also a recent youtube video with him and Emma Saunders and another Emma.

Thank you, Cocodot! Do you happen to have a link to that video? I searched for it but couldn't find it.  :-\

This was an excellent podcast! Just listened to it. I like the authenticity, human connection and discussion of very real and raw emotions that most forums won't allow you to discuss, or persuade you to sweep under the rug with toxic positivity. Thank you for sharing, Cocodot.

What heart-wrenching stories all of them had to share! I couldn't watch it without tearing up. I admire them for doing whatever they can to bring more awareness to the horror and suffering that is benzo wd.

I used to listen to Naf's podcast, but now that he is gone there is no link on the forum to them anymore. At least that I know of... 

I think it's called "benzotired". You should be able to find it by the name right?

And all for silly issues basically.

[ba...]

He has his podcast and I think he’s involved with a new support website that have recruited Geraldine Burns as a benzo coach etc.

It’s called cohealme.com and is a membership fee. When I looked on there, I saw his podcasts etc. 🤷‍♀️

So my only thought is that he deleted his account as he may be involved in that, which is the appropriate thing to do.

I’m not interested in a membership fee place. No thanks. Can’t afford it.

Also don’t want to start over in another group. No thanks.

But I absolutely love Geraldine! Her podcasts are the best.

This is only speculation though, he must have an email as he’s having lots of people on his podcast etc.

Winnie

Yeah I think you can also reach out oon youtube or instagram if it's important for you to connect with him or ask the BB team for his email? Want to make it clear though that for privacy reasons it's best to have non person accounts on other social media platforms. Like personally I'm not on fb groups with my actual fb account.

It looks similar to the ICI setup, but I do see a free option to join the group. I hope it doesn't get culty like ICI is. 

I understand people have to make a living, but with all of these different forums and the free sharing of medical and psychiatric history, privacy is a concern. I do not feel that ICI was forthcoming with where all of that data was accessed, such as FaceBook.

Thanks Cocodot, I have found his podcast. I wonder if he would be ok with me putting a link on the BB forum to his podcasts, since they are free to listen too. Maybe I will contact him.

Thinkered, I don't know the ICI. Also can't work anymore and can't afford a membership either, have to rely on free info here, on YouTube and podcasts. There are many ppl I am immensely grateful for. Benzos do ruin lives.

There is a researcher on their team and I am left to wonder why. ICI mentioned a research project as well and I do not particularly want to be an unwitting participant of research without consent, which is another reason I abandoned their forum. I suppose being on any site makes us susceptible to being data points. 

For research it still seems invalid data though because anyway can post or pretend any kind of symptoms. These fora are NOT proper databases at all. I would not be basing my research on this, no proper validity checks.

Hi all,

Yeah, Naf recently decided to leave. He stated no reason (not that I would likely share if he did). If he is starting up a commercial venture, then I guess that could be the reason. It would not necessarily mean that he would have to give up his account at BB, but it would cause some conflict given that BB is free and our general policy of disallowing promotion of personal commercial ventures through this forum.

Well, good luck to him (and Geraldine).

[ba...]

Thanks Colin.

As I look at the team of this new site again, I don’t see Naf’s name, but they have links to his podcast and Geraldine’s etc

Maybe he’s not affiliated after all? I’m not sure.

I liked him a lot and wish him all the best.

Winnie

For research it still seems invalid data though because anyway can post or pretend any kind of symptoms. These fora are NOT proper databases at all. I would not be basing my research on this, no proper validity checks.

I think you raise a valid point, Cocodot. Anyone can say anything on the Internet.

Thanks Colin.

As I look at the team of this new site again, I don’t see Naf’s name, but they have links to his podcast and Geraldine’s etc

Winnie

When I looked, he and Geraldine are is listed as offering withdrawal coaching services. Are either of them qualified as counsellors? I don't care if it called something else (coaching) - it amounts to the same thing. And counsellors should be trained and supervised. Am I missing something?

Edit: I misread it. It appears that it is just Geraldine who is coaching.

Good researchers of course understand this and they know how to mitigate against the risk. I know when Dr Pittman performed her study with members of BB, there were a number of precautions we took to make sure that no one could attempt to deliberately undermined the study (for example, only members who had registered before the study was announced could participate), and I know there were questions included in the study to weed out people - it is standard stuff. Researchers understand the problems and how best to work around them.

Maybe the researcher on their team is to bring information in as it pertains to the tapering service they are offering.

Edited my post from a few minutes ago. It appears that it is just Geraldine who is offering coaching services through the website.

Hi all, I reached out to Naf and he agreed kindly for me to put a link to his podcast here on the forum.

He explained that is focusing more on his podcasts and doesn't have the energy to do everything, so that's why he decided to  leave BenzoBuddies. He expressed appreciation for the forum's existence and everyone's contribution to it.

Good researchers of course understand this and they know how to mitigate against the risk. I know when Dr Pittman performed her study with members of BB, there were a number of precautions we took to make sure that no one could attempt to deliberately undermined the study (for example, only members who had registered before the study was announced could participate), and I know there were questions included in the study to weed out people - it is standard stuff. Researchers understand the problems and how best to work around them.

Thanks, Colin, for clearing this up!

• 3 weeks later...
[ba...]

Thanks Colin.

Winnie

When I looked, he and Geraldine are is listed as offering withdrawal coaching services. Are either of them qualified as counsellors? I don't care if it called something else (coaching) - it amounts to the same thing. And counsellors should be trained and supervised. Am I missing something?

Edit: I misread it. It appears that it is just Geraldine who is couching.

I’ve listened to some of Naf’s podcast he apparently is a trained social worker and worked as one, but have no idea if he is practicing or not.

He is pretty good at the podcast and is getting the word out in Europe it seems.

Lots happening with so many podcasts and coaching these days.

It’s great that so many are getting the word out there.

Winnie

In his latest podcast he said that he is now looking for work, as he is feeling somewhat better, but he didn't specify exactly what. Anyway, I applaud and admire any person that is doing something to bring more awareness to this benzo tragedy we have to go trough.