Stopping the toxic medication Temazpam

[Li...]

Need help to survive the unfairness that was done to me

I was put on Tamezepam 10ml in May 2021while I was in a pysch ward by a psychiatrist after going without sleep for 5 days and nights, after being sleep depraved for so long I became suicidal, I rang emergency and was taken to hospital and waited in emergency for hours and hours to see a psychiatrist and after speaking to a psychiatrist, I was put into a pysh ward  as a involuntary patient.

My experience while in a psych ward was sedating, I was swalowing 50ml of seorquel  in the morning and 10ml Temazpam at night, the medications sedated me and made me sleep too much. I was diagnosed with insomnia and bipolar, and told I have a chemical imbalance, I was discharged two weeks later and prescribed 50ml seorquel immediate release tablets and Temazpam 10ml.

I believe I  was misdiagnosed. I do not believe I have a chemical imbalance, and I believe a chemical  imbalance is not real and is made up.

I feel I have been guiable and have been manipulated into believing I have insomia and bipolar, and put on medications that do more harm then good.

I tried to tell the psychiatrist to put me on natural remedies to help me sleep and stable my mood and I was told , natural remedies are not acceptable treatments for my mental health conditions.

I am mad at not being listened to and not being believed and misunderstood.

After 2 years on 50 ml of seorquel and  Temazpam  which was increased from 10ml to 20ml a year ago beacause I build a tolerance to 10ml Temazpam I decided to stop the medication 3 days ago.

I will not let psychiatrists who do not care about make money off of my sickness anymore.

After years of taking Seroquel and Temazpam, My nervous system is malfunctioning, the side effects have damaged my nervous system, I have involuntary body movements that cause tremers and I am building a tolerance to Temazpam and Seroquel and I do not want the dose to be increased again, I need to stop the medication and learn to be resilient to the withdrawals.

I need to believe I will heal.

Deciding to stop the medication, will be very painful but, I believe the pain is part of the healing.

I am a 49 year old lady and I am grateful  for benzo buddies, reading stories of recovery and perseverance will help me save my life.

Thankyou fo taking the time to read my post.

Hi Live Freedom :hug: Welcome to Benzobuddies

I'm glad you joined our community  I am sorry you’ve been through such an awful time. We don't recommend stopping these drugs abruptly.  A cold turkey from benzos can be a rough way to withdraw and some severe, nasty symptoms can result.  If symptoms become intolerable, I would reinstate and do a slow taper.  Its suggested reducing between 5/10% every 2 weeks. some find that too fast and slow it down.  If you choose to tough this out, withdrawal symptoms are awful and can take quite a while to ease off, but they do  go eventually.  You will get plenty of support and encouragement here to help you through this. Please post questions, our members are very helpful.

Check out The Ashton Manual,  It is a great resource for understanding the effect benzo’s have on our body, Chapter III reassured me that symptoms are temporary. symptoms 

Here are a few helpful links

The Ashton Manual

Colorado Consortium Benzodiazepine Deprescribing Guidelines

Post withdrawal recovery support.

Cold Turkey, Detox& Rapid Withdrawal

If you would care to add a signature (history of meds/doses etc) it will help members give you relevant advice.  Go to the top of the page and select PROFILE then choose forum profile then insert drug history into the text box and remember to click change profile

Welcome aboard

Magrita

👋 Hi

Since I stopped taking the posion Temazpam and seorquel completely, I have been struggling emotionally and physically.

I can not restart Temezpam and seorquel and then taper, the side effects has caused involuntary movements and tremors to my hands and legs and going back on the medication will cause more damage to my nervous system.

I have lost all trust for the doctors and psychiatrists I have seen  that manipulated me into taking medications that have become a burden in my life.

Since stopping I am trying to learn to sleep again, I am sleep depraved, I am only sleeping 2 or 3 hours a day, I feel so much sadness and fear. The only way to describe what I am feeling is, you know that feeling you get when you wake up from a nightmare. I feel like my emotions are malfunctioning, I have so many crying fits. I feel pressure in my head, in the middle of my chest feels like it's burning, my lips and hands get pins and needles and I know I am having withdrawals and I am trying to find the strength to not break down and end up in a pysch ward again. There is no compassion in the pysch word all I will get being back in a psych ward is speaking with doctors and nurses who do not and can not relate to me and only want me to live my life sedated and broken by the the side affects the antidepressants, antipsychoti, benzo 's while they make thousands of dollars from making me sick.

They need to to be held accountable for betraying me, making me take pills that breaks my brain and nervous system.

I mostly alone need to give myself compassion and try to repair the damage that was done to me using natural remedies and words of kindness from benzo buddies.

I am close to the edge and trying to survive and I need to believe the torture I am feeling mentally and physically from withdrawals and side effects is temporary and healing will happen.

Thankyou for taking the time to read my post.

Be safe

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Life Freedom. I'm sad to read of your struggles. I know it's hard -- keep the faith! Most of us are disappointed in being let down by providers and the healthcare system. It's horrible, I know...

Try and stay positive. That mindset can go a long way. How are you doing?

👋 Hi

Thankyou for your comforting words.

I feel like I am riding a wave , sometimes I ride a calm wave and try to enjoy the ride, but sometimes I feel like am being crashed by a wave of pain and I feel like I am drowning.

The physical pain that comes with withdrawals I can tolerate.

The emotional pain that comes with withdrawals feels like my emotions are being tortured, I am learning to let myself feel the misery.

I know I can not take medications that shut off uncomfortable feelings that I need to feel.

Most days and nights these days I feel miserable but by putting a stop to seroquel and Temazpam I am feeling every emotional pain that the medication shut off and I know I need to feel the sadness and fear and with help try not let it break me.

I am 49 years old, when I get to 50 years old in 7 months I need to believe I will hopefully enjoy my life more and more.

Did you stop those meds all at once (cold turkey)? Or did you taper? It sounds like you stopped all at once.