Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Newbie to Benzo Buddies

[Lu...]

One of the reasons I am choosing to join benzo buddies is because I have taken benzodiazepines on and off for more than a year. I also have been on other medications and now take Prozac and Trazodone. When I have felt near the point of panic I have taken .125 mg of Clonazepam. I didn’t realize that the half life for Clonazepam is 40 hours. I took .125 mg last Wednesday the 3rd of May and had taken one a few days before that and a few days before that. I am experiencing some high anxiety. Life is pretty stressful with a lot of unknowns and I tend to want to control circumstances even though I know I am not the One in control of the outcome. I’d like to hear from others how they tapered and what coping strategies they used. I am open to trying strategies that have worked for other people to see if they work for me.

Hello LuvMyDogs - welcome to BenzoBuddies!

We'll be glad to help you plan a careful taper off Clonazepam.  You'll find plenty of good information here as well as support from a community of others who understand what this process is like.  This information and support can make a world of difference in helping you through this experience.

We invite you to familiarize yourself with the site and ask questions about your situation.  Please reach out for support and let us know how we can help you.  Below are a few links to help you get started:

We're glad you're here!

Brighterday

Planning Your Withdrawal (Taper Plans)

Withdrawal Support (during your taper)

Success Stories

Colorado Consortium Benzodiazepine Deprescribing Guidance

Chapter 3 Ashton manual, list of symptoms

Add your history/signature