Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Hello

[Ho...]

I can't think of a witty greeting but Hi. I have stopped taking benzodiazepines for about 3 months.

I have suffered from dissociative disorder since I experienced sexual violence as a child. I've been on medication for nearly nine years since I was 17, mostly Xanax or Ativan. When dealing with the past of sexual violence, which was later dissociated, I took a lot of zolpidem and ribotryl.

Since then, he has started tapering, but he has been unable to receive medical treatment due to cost problems, and now I'm holding out as a cold turkey.

Thanks to the help of the community of sexual violence survivors in the past, I was expecting there would be a community of people who go through BWS, and I'm so glad I could find it. I want to get help here, and do something that I can help. Let's not give up together.

Hello Hopetogether, welcome to BenzoBuddies,

We’re glad you found us but I’m sorry to hear you’ve had to endure such trauma.  I’m a little confused though, it sounds like you’re benzo free but you also mention he is still tapering and can’t receive medical help?

I’ll leave you with some links to help you get started on the forum but please let us know how we can help you.

Pamster

Colorado Consortium Benzodiazepine Deprescribing Guidance

Planning Your Withdrawal (Taper)

Withdrawal Support (during your taper)

Ashton Manual symptom list

Post-withdrawal Recovery Support

The Ashton Manual