Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

Anyone with Buspar experience??

[Po...]

I’m under a lot of stress currently. I take a very low dose 3.75mg of mirtazapine to help me sleep. It’s a pretty safe AD but does not have AD affects at such a low dose. That said I’m under a lot of stress right now for reasons I won’t waste your time detailing. Just know life is rough at this time. Knowing I can’t & wont go back on a benzo my NP prescribed Buspar 20mg 2x/day. It helps curb the anxiety but it’s not an anxiety killer like a benzo. I’m having a lot of near sleepless nights. 2 hours last night. I’ve read it takes time for Buspar to really kick and work well. Does anyone here have experience with it they can share??

Pokey

Yes, it can actually take a few months to work. Have you tried Hydroxyzine? It has an immediate onset for anxiety (anti-histamine) and some find it helps with sleep as well.

STOP. A survey of a few on BB does NOT correlate to the actual efficacy of Buspar. It is the 3rd leading non-benzo, non-SSRI, SNRI, non-addictive treatment for anxiety. AND. it has little to no side effects. Hello!

Do your research and do not fall prey to everything you read on this forum. People try to help, sure. But you do not know their story. 🤦‍♀️

• Like 1

STOP. A survey of a few on BB does NOT correlate to the actual efficacy of Buspar. It is the 3rd leading non-benzo, non-SSRI, SNRI, non-addictive treatment for anxiety. AND. it has little to no side effects. Hello!

Do your research and do not fall prey to everything you read on this forum. People try to help, sure. But you do not know their story. 🤦‍♀️

Well put. I can only speak from my personal experience, but I'm on both Buspar and Hydroxyzine 3x a day. For me I feel they are helping and at the very least, they are doing me no harm.

Pokey, I don't know what your experience is, but either one or both of these medications are an avenue worth exploring with your doctor.

I’m on Buspar 10mg 2x per day. Been on it a week and if offers some relief when I’m moderately anxious. When I’m spinning out of control it doesn’t kill the gremlins like Xanax use to ☹️ Talking yo my psych NP today about it.