Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Ready to just CT or rush taper

[b7...]

[b7...]
I'm too tired to measure, cut, weigh,  tried a liquid, made my own too ( the liquid made me extremely nauseated) I cannot afford a compound pharmacy and I highly doubt my psych NP will allow it. I'm on so many meds for other ailments, read my sig. I gave up my taper in July,  holding at 75mg. No desire or motivation to start up the 10%/4 week taper. At that rate I'll be taking Zoloft into 2025.

I definitely would not recommend a CT. I can pretty much guarantee you'll regret that decision quite quickly. Is it the Zoloft you are trying to get off? You could possibly go a bit quicker with an AD.

[b7...]
Hi Pamster, its Zoloft. I'm in the Surviving Antidepressants forum and  months back asked this and got lectured big time, was told 10%/4 weeks was my ONLY option and I had no choice.

I hope no one will lecture you here, we’re all adults who care about one another but in the end, we have to make our own decisions based on our judgement.  I can’t lecture anyone about quitting cold turkey, that’s the way I stopped Klonopin, Ambien and Lexepro and it worked out well for me.  I didn’t know I had to taper the Klonopin but I knew I should taper the Ambien and Lexepro but I’m incapable of tapering so quitting cold turkey is survivable.  If you know the risks and accept them, then you have the freedom to do what you feel is best for you.

[b7...]
Thank you for sharing that Pam. No, I don't put up with lecturing on online boards, nope very low tolerance for that. That's why I no longer frequent the Lyme Disease forums anymore. Too much lecture, fear mongering and " No No I did this so you must too" .  Bad enough anxiety to boot don't need the added jabbing.  Exactly,everyone's story and background is different. What works for one might not for another.