Important Survey - Please Participate ×

It's Time.....

[So...]

Hi! I am a 60 year old female who is about to embark on a VERY slow taper of 4mg/day of Klonopin for the past 20 years. This will not be my first attempt, but it will be my first attempt on MY terms, even though I'm not real sure what those term are yet. I am scared to death. My user name is an anagram for "so_scared".

Hello SoCedars2026 :hug: Welcome to benzobuddies.

We are glad you are here.  I am so pleased you're tapering on your terms, always best to taper at your own pace.  You'll find plenty of information and receive lots of support here.  Our members have gone through all aspects of withdrawal, and you're likely to see people who understand what you're going through and can tell you what has worked for them.  Feel free to post, ask questions for members to respond.

We generally recommend a taper rate of about 5-10% every two weeks, though rates vary, depending how you feel, whatever is comfortable.  Having some withdrawal symptoms is normal, but these symptoms are temporary and do go away with some time.

When you have a chance, I recommend that you take a look at The Ashton Manual, It provides a great deal of information that can be very reassuring during any stage of this process, including a list of common symptoms with helpful explanations. . CHAPTER III

Here a few links to resources:

The Ashton Manual 

Colorado Consortium Benzodiazepine Deprescribing Guidelines

Planning Your Withdrawal (Taper)

Withdrawal Support (during your taper)

There is a support blog here dedicated to members who are tapering from klonopin, I will give you a link to it. I'm sure the members there will be happy to assist you with advice.

Klonopin Klub

If you would like to add a signature (history of meds/doses etc) it will help members give you relevant advice.  Go to the top of the page and select PROFILE then choose forum profile then insert drug history into the text box and remember to click change profile

Welcome Aboard

Magrita

Hi and welcome!  I too am just new, about 2 weeks now, took clonazepam for 35 years, and I am 70.  I have found true hope here in getting off this drug.  I tried a couple times on my own as well, with sort of horrific results.  Here I've learned the slow ways to go so you will find some good folks, articles, and options to figure yours out.  Hope to see you around and there is a Klonopin Support Group I joined here as well ;) Denise