Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Pre Taper Nerves

[gr...]

Hi, I’m here for some hope and possible support in successfully getting off benzos. I am currently on Librium 20mg am and 25mg pm, been on it for about 8 months now. I’m starting my taper in a couple days and since Librium only comes in capsules, going down by 5mg,  alternating am and pm (every 2 weeks). I’ve been through hell and back regarding medications and getting off of this is one of the final steps to hopefully have a full mind and body reset as pharma free as possible.

Hello graceroad, welcome to BenzoBuddies,

We're glad you're here and hope we can help you.  You mention you've had some challenges with medications, can you tell us what you've faced and how long it's been since your last taper?  I just want to make sure you're in the right place to begin your taper, it helps to be recovered from your previous taper. 

You mention you'll be going down by 5 mgs and alternating, can you explain a bit more?  What size are your capsules, do you plan to open them?

I'll provide some links to help you get started but please keep talking to us, we want to help.

Pamster

Colorado Consortium Benzodiazepine Deprescribing Guidance

Planning Your Withdrawal (Taper)

Withdrawal  Support (during your taper)

Ashton  Manual symptom list

Hi Graceroad,  this is the only place I've ever felt, after reading a lot of the information in Repository, Success Stories, and Personal stories of the Team that started and maintains this site, that I truly have hope.  I'm new here too but I read something every day that keeps helping me.

If I can help you find anything, I'll gladly give it a go as I am new as well, and started my plan just this last week ;)  :smitten: