Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Hello…

[ez...]

Hello, i am ezduzit! I am a benzo wd survivor and i did a slow taper many years ago and i recovered. I believe with the help of some if the good folks at this site.Anyways i came back looking for some help about having post withdrawal procedures done after coming of benzos, that involve benzos. I have been told by my doctor that i need an endoscopy and was wondering how things go for those that have had this done years off of benzos? As i have not touched a benzo since withdrawing. I appreciate any help anyone could give. Thanks in advance!

Hello ezduzit :hug: Welcome to benzobuddies.

Its good to hear you recovered and have been doing okay, well done on being benzo free.  I've had a colonoscopy and endoscopy while in recovery,  I asked them not to use benzos, they can do procedures without using benzodiazepines.  Please post questions our members will respond with advice and support. I am sure other members who’ve had to have procedures done will post and reassure you.

This is what Prof Heather Ashton says:

BENZODIAZEPINE USE DURING AND AFTER WITHDRAWAL

What happens if someone who is in the course of benzodiazepine withdrawal or has successfully withdrawn needs a surgical operation? Benzodiazepines are of value as premedication before major operations and for sedation and amnesia during minor surgical procedures. Yet many ex-users are terrified that if they are given a benzodiazepine for these purposes they will become dependent all over again. They can be reassured: a single dose of a benzodiazepine given for an operation does not bring back the addiction, although the stress of an operation may re-awaken the anxiety symptoms experienced during benzodiazepine withdrawal. Symptoms reported under these circumstances have usually been the result of fear. Many personally observed patients have had repeated doses of midazolam (Versed, Hypnovel), a short-acting benzodiazepine, for dental procedures (dental phobia is common in withdrawal), and other benzodiazepines including diazepam for major and minor surgery and have recovered without complications.

If you would like to add a signature (history of meds/doses etc) it will help members give you relevant advice.  Go to the top of the page and select PROFILE then choose forum profile then insert drug history into the text box and remember to click change profile

Welcome Aboard

Magrita

Ty very much for the great information! I am very grateful for places like this forum. I would love to hear others chime in on their post withdrawal procedures involving benzos, if anyone would like to share.I was able to rid myself of benzos many years ago with the great insight and guidance of the people at a forum much like this one. It saved my life. If anyone would like to ask me any questions about my personal journey please feel free. Ty again for the great information.

Hello again ezduzit, I would love to read your story, we need success stories like yours to give hope to struggling members.

Success Stories

Good luck with everything,  I am sure you will be fine.

Magrita :thumbsup: