Important Survey - Please Participate ×

I'm new looking for some advice

[Re...]

Hello everyone,

I'm new/ not new to this process. I took Clonazepam for over 20 years during the day and another Benzo to sleep at night. I hit tolerance in 2011 and used the Ashton Protocol to taper over 3.5 years and got off in 2015. I thought the whole thing was over, however, since getting off I have developed many symptoms and now at 8 years off I feel worse than when I was tapering. I'm looking to find people that have experienced the same thing and get some tips on how to navigate and cope while the receptors regenerate and heal.

Hello Renegade900, welcome to BenzoBuddies,

Did you stop taking the benzo you used for sleep as well?  When did your current symptoms start and did you ever feel recovered?  I hope we can help you figure this out but in the meantime, I'll post some links to help you find your way around. 

I'm so sorry you're still suffering this far out but we have other members who are too so you're not alone.

Pamster

Protracted Benzodiazepine Withdrawal Support

Link to instructions to subscribe to the protracted board. http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=189058.0

I stopped all Benzos. The first year off was the easiest. I had some symptoms but always felt that was to be expected after being on them so long. I also understood that the longer you take them possibly the higher chance of being protracted. It just seems the symptoms started to slowly appear to the point that my life is very uncomfortable right now. I have never felt recovered.