Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Psych ward

[te...]

My benzo journey began when I was put on 7 different medications in a psych ward, one of which was Ativan 4mg. I cold turkeyed them and 6 months later reached for them in a panic attack. I attempted to cold turkey them again but had severe dpdr. I have now reinstated 2mg Valium along with lamictal for dpdr. I hope to be drug free one day. I’m suffering with depression, anxiety, insomnia, tinnitus, and dpdr.

Hello teranmg :hug: Welcome to BenzoBuddies.

We're glad you joined us for support, I am so sorry for what you've been through,  I am pleased you're here with us now.  The symptoms you mention are common in withdrawal.  Most of our members are happy to share their experiences.  Although symptoms can be severe at times, please know that they are temporary.  Please browse the forum and post to any of the dedicated boards. The general recommendation for tapering is reducing 5-10%, every 10 to 14 days.  Some are able to taper at this rate but many of us must go slower to help keep their withdrawal symptoms manageable.  You will get plenty of support here.

The Ashton Manual, gives you a better understanding on why you feel the way you do.  It is a excellent resource for understanding the effect benzo’s have on our body.  Its great learning that symptoms are indeed temporary.  The manual  also includes a list of common symptoms 

Here are some links to get you started.

The Ashton Manual

Colorado Consortium Benzodiazepine Deprescribing Guidelines

Planning Your Withdrawal (Taper)

Withdrawal Support (during your taper).

We have dedicated boards dealing with Anxiety,  Depression and Insomnia issues, you can connect with others who can offer some ideas and help.

Anxiety     

Depression 

Insomnia 

If you would like to add a signature (history of meds/doses etc) it will help members give you relevant advice.  Go to the top of the page and select PROFILE then choose forum profile then insert drug history into the text box and remember to click change profile

Welcome Aboard

Magrita