Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

High Blood Pressure

[I ...]

Anyone take Losartan for high blood pressure? Was on Lisinopril but the cough side effect was just too much so switched to Losartan. Anything I should know before I take it? Pretty much through with withdrawal after almost 4 years, just wanting to know some side effects I should be looking out for. Thanks in advance.

I take Losartan twice per day, and Norvasc, and Metoprolol Tartate, and they even had me on some diuretic that is hard on the kidneys (total:4 BP scripts).   

I forgot which one of the above has a POTASSIUM component in it. But if it is the LOSARTAN, don't take potassium suppluemnts or potassium salt. 

I think everyone here already knows about Valium and Grape Juice contradiction.

4 years to withdraw from a benzo? 

There is a post I left about a government study of using Baclofen (GABA-B) to help people get off the GABA-A benzo and alcohol drugs. I know one thing - tapering Baclofen can be done in 1 to 2 weeks from a high 80-120mg daily dose without the same lingering side effects of Valium.  I did it, but everyone has a different biochemistry. 

If asking about Losartan, I am taking the 50mg pills twice per day along with Valium 5mg 4 times per day, trying to ask my doctor to prescribe the same dose in the 2mg pill size so it is easier to cut the chunks and crumbs, even using my "precision' pill cutter.

I take Losartan twice per day, and Norvasc, and Metoprolol Tartate, and they even had me on some diuretic that is hard on the kidneys (total:4 BP scripts).   

I forgot which one of the above has a POTASSIUM component in it. But if it is the LOSARTAN, don't take potassium suppluemnts or potassium salt. 

I think everyone here already knows about Valium and Grape Juice contradiction.

4 years to withdraw from a benzo? 

There is a post I left about a government study of using Baclofen (GABA-B) to help people get off the GABA-A benzo and alcohol drugs. I know one thing - tapering Baclofen can be done in 1 to 2 weeks from a high 80-120mg daily dose without the same lingering side effects of Valium.  I did it, but everyone has a different biochemistry. 

If asking about Losartan, I am taking the 50mg pills twice per day along with Valium 5mg 4 times per day, trying to ask my doctor to prescribe the same dose in the 2mg pill size so it is easier to cut the chunks and crumbs, even using my "precision' pill cutter.

Sorry but I didn't mean that it took me 4 years to withdraw,the initial is obviously over. I just meant that all of the side effects have slowly faded away. Thanks for the info.