Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Lorazepam

[Ka...]

Hi,

I’m on .5 Ativan (3X daily) or as needed.

I’ve been taking it for over 30 years.

I am also on Paxil, trazodone and Wellbutrin.

Hello KaraMia :hug: Welcome to the forum

I am glad you joined the community, you'll find plenty of information and support here.  Will you be looking to taper off your drugs?  If so I would start with the benzo first.  You will learn about taper methods if you check out the taper plans board.  We can help you with tapering information and support.  When you are ready to taper,  slow and careful is the best way with these drugs.  It’s suggested to reduce between 5/10% every 10/14 days. You can slow it down, I would taper at a rate that’s suitable for you, whatever feels comfortable.  Please post questions for members to respond.

The Ashton manual is an authoritative source on what to expect in withdrawal and recovery.  Dr. Ashton is an expert in the field.  She describes and explains withdrawal symptoms in Chapter III.

I will leave you with a few links to resources:

The Ashton Manual

Colorado Consortium Benzodiazepine Deprescribing Guidelines

For tapering advice and Withdrawal issues:

Planning Your Withdrawal (TaperPlans)

Withdrawal Support

You might like to post to this members support group:

Ativan Tapering Thread

If you would like to add a signature (history of meds/doses etc) to help members give you relevant advice.  Please go to the top of the page and select PROFILE then choose forum profile then insert drug history into the text box and remember to click change profile

Welcome aboard

Magrita