Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Need hope

[Lo...]

I am too tired and sick to read through all the success stories looking for hope. Admins, Please give me some hope / encouragement that many who have CTd have healed successfully 🙏

From what we see with CT, it doesn't mean you won't heal successfully.  What we see is that although the first few months are likely to be harder than with a slow taper people who CT go on to recover. Hang in there.  You'll get through this. 

I quit cold turkey and recovered in the typical time frame so please don't worry.  Quitting this way may hurt more initially than tapering but I believe we have the same opportunity to recover as those who taper.

I'm.three months since my CT. Sometimes it feels neverending but I'm getting big windows of less severe symptoms, the waves can be bad but usually last about 4/5 days. The last three days I've been feeling almost normal ( about 80percent) after my five days of hell. I'm never without symptoms but they are very slowly getting less severe.

I don't know if you're familiar with the Ashton Manual compiled by Prof Ashton who assisted hundreds of people in benzo withdrawal. She said her research has shown it doesn't matter how you come off the drug or how long you have used,  eventually everyone does recover.

You're going to be fine. Just hang on. You will get through this just like everyone else.

Thank you for the encouraging replies.  It does give me hope 🙏  I'm just struggling so much with the constant physical head symptoms 5 months post CT.  😒