Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

Are z drugs easier to come off of than benzos?

[Co...]

Anecdotal, Klonopin cold turkey was horrific, recovered in 14 months, Ambien cold turkey was unpleasant but felt better in days with a week or two of insomnia. 

Oh wow, shouldn't have said no to the ambien then which led to the doctor tricking me with clonazepam...  :o interesting

Have a friend who tapered for a year off ambien he’s 6 months out having same symptoms people here discuss light sensitivity tremors hyperacusis bedbound a lot of the time and unable to work.  Guess we’re all different

My friend stopped Ambien in May of 2022, he's still having waves about every 3 weeks that last about 2 weeks.  He'll have stomach pain, nausea, doomed thinking and fatigue.

I quickly tapered off of 5 mg. decades ago, I didn't sleep well for a couple days, and I had random headaches for a few months. That was about it. I had been on it for about 2 years for nocturnal panic attacks due to PTSD from a car accident.

When I crossed from Klonopin to Valium to taper, I again was on 5 mg., and again quickly tapered. The V alone was making me sleep. I was on it for 15 months, same as the K.