Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Second time around

[lv...]

I could really use some support. I ct back in September. That second week was absolutely horrible but then by week 3 I started feeling better. The fog lifted and I started feeling like my old self. By Halloween I felt amazing. Fast forward to about 2 months ago and stupidly I thought I could just take one. So now I have to start all over again. I hate this! I hate that I did this. I hate putting my family through this again. But I know I have to stop now. I didn't let myself get back up to my regular amount but I know what's coming (praying it won't be as intense this time since it's only been 2 month and a low amount). As much as I know how bad the next couple weeks are going to be I am just so ready to get it over with and get that feeling back. That feeling of being back to myself, being present in my life and being proud of myself. My question though is how long before the risk of seizures passes? There isn't much info online.

Hello Ivmama0525 - Welcome to BenzoBuddies!

We're glad you found us. I'm sorry you've been going through a difficult time with a cold turkey off benzos and your current struggle.  You've come to the right place for good information and support from others who understand what this process is like.  We can help you plan a careful taper that will help keep your withdrawal symptoms as manageable as possible so you're able to function as well as possible through your taper.

We do not recommend CT - it's a set up for a rough withdrawal. A second CT is very likely to be even rougher.  People do heal and recover after CT but we suggest a careful taper as a better route to take.  This is also the best way to reduce the risk of seizures.  We typically suggest tapering with cuts of no more than 5-10% every 10 days or so as symptoms allow.  You'll learn more about this as you explore the site and ask questions.

Below are some helpful links I suggest you start with but the most important thing is for you to reach out for support and ask questions about your situation.

We're glad you're here-

Brighterday  :)

Planning Your Withdrawal (Taper Plans)

Withdrawal Support (during your taper)

Success Stories

Colorado Consortium Benzodiazepine Deprescribing Guidance

Chapter 3 Ashton manual, list of symptoms

Add your history/signature