Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Need some suppor

[da...]

Hi, I have been on Klonopin for 8 years and got to the point where I was in such a tolerance withdrawal I could not function. In December 2012 my wife took me to a hospital and they have CT me for 2 weeks and let go home. The acute was a hell but you all  know how it is. I was clear from January 2013 till about September 2021 but my rebound anxiety did not get any better. With 2 little kids at home I have  started to take Valium on weekend only. Up until about 2 months ago I could take 5 mg of valium and have some relief but suddenly they stopped working, I thought about tolerance so I took 10mg and still nothing, I had to take 50mg at once to feel some anxiety relief but it worked inly for 2 hours tops. I got no choice but just CT again, I tried to take lower doses to taper down but it even makes things worse, more very deep depression and fear. I think that people who do not recover after a year or two got to have some underlying issues causing the anxiety. During a week when I do not take them the fear and deep depression comes around evening time 7-8 pm. Is it normal for you guys when you stopped your benzos? I’m considering the NAD treatment, they also add amino acids to help with brain repair. I screwed up by starting this evil pills and now I feel so hopeless and helpless  and I have 2 beautiful little girls to take care of , not working because I just can’t. Is there really a chance to get better? Thanks for letting me vent.

I'm so sorry you're in this situation.  You mention you tried to take lower doses to taper off Valium - can you tell us more about that?

You say you feel you have no choice but to CT - this is a very rough way to go.  My initial thought is that it would be best if you could stabilize on a daily consistent dose of Valium and then do a slow, careful taper off of it.  We can help guide you through a taper that will help minimize withdrawal symptoms.  It seems clear you've developed dependence on Valium and it is very hard on your system to adjust to doses once a week when your body is craving a steady blood serum level of the drug.  Would you consider trying to stabilize in this way and then doing a careful taper?

Your thinking is jus great but unfortunately yes I have tried to stabilize on daily dose and it just makes things much worse unless I take at least a 100mg of valium a day and I can’t do that because first nobody would prescribe this dose and second this is way to much and would not end up well for me. I just don’t understand how is it possible that one weekend I took 10 mg and everything was just fine and if that would be the case I could taper but the very next weekend I had to take 40mg just to get a little bit of peace but just for 2 hours. God please help us all to survive this evil hellish drug.

Like most of our members I know what a nightmare this is. I'm really sorry this has happened to your. But we truly do have an enormous capacity for healing and although it takes time you will get through this.  I understand you're in a very tough position.  Although CT is far from ideal it doesn't mean you won't recover.  Please know we will support you no matter what path you take.

I suggest you look at these two links:

Success Stories

Cold Turkey, Detox & Rapid Withdrawal

I took just one 2mg of diazepam and the second time I took 2mg it didn't touch me so ended up taking 6mg . Some people build tolerance extremely quickly it seems, some don't. I hope you find the answers you need right here. From what I've seen you're in the right place!