Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

colonoscopy and versed

[ho...]

Hi.....

I'm about finished w/a taper off of klonopin.  I have been having some issues (blood in stool) sorry TMI!

So I am scheduled for a colonoscopy on Wed.?  Now I'm wondering if the laxitive they give you will flush out my benzo I take at night?  and I'm also worried about being put to sleep?

Don't laugh but I'm only on .02 (almost there)!

Does anyone know if this should be a problem?  I still feel ever cut! CRAZY DRUG.....

Thank u in advance!

I was put out for a dental procedure using Propofol and Fentanyl without a problem. You may want to mention to the doctor to not give you benzos for relaxation.

Way to go on getting down to such a low dose, you're almost done!  ;D

I hope you're well...

Star

Thank u...I know they r using demerol and some drug not in benzo class.(she said she thinks)?.....will I be w/d when I drink the laxitive?  I'm just scared I won't wake up!!!  Just nervous...

I had one while I was tapering.  They gave me something called movi-prep to drink the day before and I did fine with mine.

I also started a thread that is quite hilarious for those of us who have had this done. done.http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=23675.0

For me, I think the thought of the procedure is much more scary that he actual procedure itself.

I'm sure you will do fine. ;)

Should I have versed during colonoscopy?  I'm on ONLY .02 klonopin!  Do I even have to mention this...??

Thank u!

Versed is a benzo too.

Did you mention to your doctor that you're weaning off Klonopin? Maybe there is something else they can give you for relaxation.

Hi hope1,

I merged your two threads since they were both about your upcoming colonoscopy and versed.  It's less confusing for people to respond in one thread. ;)

I told my doctor no benzos (including versed), so they used propofol.

You can ask your doctor about it.  When is your procedure?

Do you know what laxative they will give you to use the day before?  Try to make sure you take your dose of .02 far away from the time you take the laxative, and I think you'll do fine. 

As I mentioned earlier, I was tapering when they did my procedure, and there were no problems. :)

I knew it was a benzo....and told them what i was doing..... and they gave it to me anyway?!  I think it's a short acting benzo and hope I have no problems?!    None so far I had it 9 hours ago and I'm still droggy...we'll see.

Thank u for responding

Howdy -

I am an RN and have been told that a one-time

dosing of an injectable benzo like Versed usually

isn't a problem....especially since you are almost

done with your taper. As we all know, anything can

happen during our taper, but I haven't heard of any

horrible rebound effects from the one-time use of

these meds.....sounds like you will be OK.