Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Does paxil help ?

[wh...]

I am currently on Paxil CR and Remeron in my post Benzo withdrawal.  Neither seems to really help my benzo withdrawal anxiety or depression at the moment.  I was on a relatively low dose of Paxil CR (25mg) and have thought about upping to 37.5mg or 50mg to see if it will help me during the withdrawal, but I haven't made the decision yet.  From what I have read, if you aren't on a antidepressant, they would advise against not starting one until you get through your benzo withdrawal.  It would be another medicine you would have to ween off of in the long run.

the problem is that i really am seriously depressed. I used to cope with alcohol but I cant drink at all anymore .. oh and then benzos.do you think it interferes with your sleep at all?

It absolutely affects your sleep.  I notice where you are cutting Remeron and Valium at the same time.  Not a good idea to do both.  I would tackle one, then after you heal, tackle the other one.  Believe me.... I speak from experience.

You have to weigh the pros and cons in making your decision given the level of your depression.  Yes, an anti depressant may bring lots of unwanted side effects.  Also, Paxil happens to be one of more difficult SSRIs to get off of.  Feel better.

Draftsman