GOOD ENDO DR. IN SAN JOSE BAY AREA???

[mo...]

Hello,

can anyone recommend a good Endocrinologist in the San Jose, CA Bay Area who is aware of Benzo withdrawal issues?

I'm Hypo Thyroid, but afraid to take Thyroid meds as I don't want to make my panic worse.

My current doc doesn't acknowledge Benzo withdrawal, so I don't trust him to work with me.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

mourningperson

Hi... He's not in San Jose, he is in Menlo Park:  Dr. Peter M. Sklarin - 1300 Crane Street - Menlo Park, CA 94025 (650) 498-6652.  He is with the Menlo Medical Group.  He was extremely thorough in tests. You do need a written referrel from your primary.  You can check their website, Menlo Medical Group.  My hubby saw him after UCSF, not able to obtain appt in endocrinolgy dept for 6 months.  All tests came out perfect, but Dr. Sklarin did a full scale of tests after hearing all and we providing all lab records over a two month period.  Ron asked about tapering from benzo, he did state he (Ron) needed to speak to his primary dr, that he could not direct him on this.  I then asked, being so exhausted from traveling from Belmont to UCSF, 33 times in 3 months, were there internal med drs within the group taking new patients... "yes", we obtained Dr. Eliza Bennett... a great lady "who" listens"!  Hope maybe this helps for you.  Always, Pattlu