Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

GOOD ENDO DR. IN SAN JOSE BAY AREA???

[mo...]

Hello,

can anyone recommend a good Endocrinologist in the San Jose, CA Bay Area who is aware of Benzo withdrawal issues?

I'm Hypo Thyroid, but afraid to take Thyroid meds as I don't want to make my panic worse.

My current doc doesn't acknowledge Benzo withdrawal, so I don't trust him to work with me.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

mourningperson

Hi... He's not in San Jose, he is in Menlo Park:  Dr. Peter M. Sklarin - 1300 Crane Street - Menlo Park, CA 94025 (650) 498-6652.  He is with the Menlo Medical Group.  He was extremely thorough in tests. You do need a written referrel from your primary.  You can check their website, Menlo Medical Group.  My hubby saw him after UCSF, not able to obtain appt in endocrinolgy dept for 6 months.  All tests came out perfect, but Dr. Sklarin did a full scale of tests after hearing all and we providing all lab records over a two month period.  Ron asked about tapering from benzo, he did state he (Ron) needed to speak to his primary dr, that he could not direct him on this.  I then asked, being so exhausted from traveling from Belmont to UCSF, 33 times in 3 months, were there internal med drs within the group taking new patients... "yes", we obtained Dr. Eliza Bennett... a great lady "who" listens"!  Hope maybe this helps for you.  Always, Pattlu