Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Bad Reoccurring Dreams with Ambien

[bl...]

Hello Everyone,

Have any of you experienced bad reoccurring dreams while taking Ambien. I wake up very disturbed more than ever by my dreams which are all pretty similar. I have not had a good dream in 6years. :'(

Blessed78

When I was taking Ambien, I didn't remember my dreams, I'm not even sure if the quality of sleep the drug gave me allowed me to even enter the stage of sleep in which dreams occur.  But when I quit Ambien, I had horrible slasher type nightmares, where I was the victim, not an onlooker, horrible, these only lasted about 3 weeks.  I see from your other posts that you've been tapering the drug, I would imagine this is why you're having the bad dreams.

Never really dreamed while on Ambien and Klonopin, at least none that I can remember. :D

I had a repeat nightmare. The first bad dream happened quite awhile after stopping Klonopin and the repeat happened after stopping the Ambien.

The second time was a little more scary because of the way I woke up.

It took time, but the more pleasent dreams did come back.

As your sleep pattern gets better, your dreams should be better too. :thumbsup:

Mike

I didn't remember my dreams either while on Ambien, although there were times where I would wake up feeling very disturbed and extremely vulnerable.

It's hard to explain, but I almost knew I was waking from a bad dream with zero recollection of the events.

Blessed,

I know exactly what you mean.  Every morning I have a dream that is very consistent.  There is something that I am not able to accomplish in this dream and everything seems to overwhelming.  Sometimes it's like a work dream, other times it's about a person but it basically is the same theme each time.  When I finally wake from the dream I am so happy to realize that the only thing I need to do today is take my next tapered dose of clonazepam and not all the other things I was worried about in the dream.

So, it's not just you!  It's the Ambien.

Kelly

Kelly,

Thanks for shedding some light on this for me. It always helps knowing that I'm not crazy :crazy: 

Blessed78