Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Finally free!

[he...]

2.5 weeks ago I finished a 19-month taper! It still seems a little surreal that I am finally benzo free. Prior to this, I attempted about a year long taper from double the dose and the entire thing was a disaster. And before that I had attempted a CT (well, 2 of them really...), which was even more disastrous. This time, I actually listened to my body and the entire taper was practically symptom-free, and so far the jump has been rather smooth as well! I am so glad I decided to give it one more try, and I am so excited to see what the future holds!!

So glad you posted here, I wish I could drive home the lessons you learned the hard way to everyone who joins the forum, unfortunately, that's not how we humans work. 

Regardless of how you got here, I'm thrilled you are and what makes it even sweeter is you're doing okay, I'm so glad.  I hope you'll keep coming back because maybe, just maybe you can convince someone to slow down and use the drug to get off of the drug. 

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks for the encouragement and support you two! Open, I hope you are well. It looks like you're pretty much in the home stretch!