Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Steroids and antibiotics for eyes

[go...]

I don't have personal experience but I've read some horror stories about steroids, what specifically are you thinking of using?

I am one of those horror stories from steroids.  I took a nasal steroid for 6 months during my withdrawal.  When I tried to come off of it, it sent me into acute - actually worse than acute!  8 months later I am still suffering terribly.  Apparently, steroids are cross-tolerant to benzos and can have the same side effects when you come off them.  I would not recommend ANY kind of steroids.

I had to use Rx eye drops with a steroid (Lotimax) for an eye condition during my taper. It fixed up my eye problem and did not affect me otherwise. When I asked  my ophthalmologist, she said the steroid stays in the eye, it doesn't get into your system. I've had a recurrence of the eye problem since and have never hesitated to use eye drops with a steroid. Presently I'm using Tobradex (antibiotic plus steroid). No problems.

Hope this helps,

Katz