Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Clonidine

[...]

I did a cold turkey 7 months ago from 2months use of 1.5mg/day Xanax. I don’t sleep and my heart rate and blood pressure are up. I’ve searched this forum and there is not a lot of info on this drug. Has anybody used this and what was your experience. It sounds like it could handle all 3 of symptoms. Even it only only handled the heart and blood pressure symptoms I would be happy. Any and all experiences would greatly help.

I read that propranolol can cause insomnia and I already have that badly. Clonidine is supposed to be sedating so it might help me sleep as well.

I’ve taken clonidine.  Yes, it works very well for heart rate and BP.  And it’s pretty sedating.  I did not like taking it during the day.  I think they make an extended release version which you can take at night and it may not create as much daytime sedation. 

Xray, you are right about propranolol causing insomnia.  I took it off and on as I tapered but I had to be cautious and not take too high a dose or it would tank what little sleep I was getting.