Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Finished taper and it’s going to be ok

[Ta...]

Two years ago I was CTed off .75-1 mg of Xanax. I had a horrific withdraw. After a few weeks, I was hospitalized and reinstated. I slowly regained my life as I tapered. I took my taper very seriously and I recently jumped. And it’s going to be ok. I’m still working and I’m off to my sons golf tournament today. My only advice is to slowly slowly taper. The way I’ve felt after a taper is significantly better….I mean WAY better than a CT.

Congratulations TallGolfer, you did it!  I'm so glad you listened to your body when you realized that cold turkey was not the way to go, I'm thrilled to hear you've been able to work and regain your life while tapering.  I predict a speedy recovery for you, you're off to a great start with a great attitude, you got this!  :thumbsup:

Great job TG! I’ve been thinking about you! So glad you’re off! Congratulations!

Nice it seems you could speed up a bit at the end! I thought you were aiming for fall for some reason.

So happy for you!

Tree

Thanks everyone. Hey tree , yeah once I got to below 1 mg, I tapered a bit faster because the dose was not doing much of anything at that point. So I tapered down to .50 and jumped. Nothing crazy happened so the taper worked.

Congrats to you, TallGolfer. This time you will go on to heal. Believe it! My best regards on your journey back to finding the new healed you. Keep a coping plan handy. Every day. Self love every day.

:thumbsup: