Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

What allergy medication do you take and tolerate?

[gs...]

My allergies have been acting up lately and I really don't want to keep using a nasal spray everyday. I don't think it's a good idea to do so.

I've decided to try taking a pill but I'm worried that it'll cause anxiety or other unwanted side effects.

So what do you guys take in terms of allergy meds and do you feel ok when you take it? I'm hoping to find something that doesn't increase symptoms or cause a wave.

Have you considered Benadryl, I've read a number of members who have been able to tolerate it.

Thank you Pamster.  Benadryl is what I take and I do fine with it.  The non-sedating antihistamines like Claritin never agreed with me (made me feel goofy) and I imagine that during withdrawl it would have been much worse.

That is great news!  :thumbsup:

I think we have to try to stay away from pseudoephedrine which is what can really make you jittery. That's why I got regular Claritin instead or Claritin D.

I also take Benadryl without any issues. By the way, it works for me not only during the season allergy but also treats hives and itchy skin that comes with it. As for Claritin, it makes me sleepy (according to the Canada Drugs site it is a side effect), so I avoid taking it.