Important Survey - Please Participate ×

No Waste Taper Math For .5mg K

[...]

I know I am driving you crazy, but I am trying to figure out my afternoon titration, as I want to get started fairly soon. I got the morning figured out, but my mind is blown on this.

I will be titrating from .5mg of k at .002mg/day. How much liquid and .5mg tablets to make a solution in milk to last 3-4 days. I will be drinking with no waste. The plan is get to .375mg.

I appreciate your help, Libertas, so much. I am mathed out at the moment and frustrated with myself.

First, please allow me to make an important clarification …

In the absence of appropriate laboratory analyses, we do not know that dispersing a regular clonazepam tablet in milk produces a true solution.  This is why we suggest that members consider homebrew liquids (including milk/clonazepam mixtures) to be suspensions not solutions. 

My apologies but I’m having difficulty keeping up with all of your different threads.

Would you please summarize what your plan is in this thread so we’ll have all relevant information in one place?  Is this it?

Morning dose - 0.375mg - hold constant (using liquid)

Afternoon dose - 0.5mg - titrate to 0.375mg (using liquid)

Evening dose - hold constant (using tablets)

Also, am I understanding correctly that you are planning to make two different batches of homebrew liquid —  one for your morning dose and one for your afternoon dose?  If so, have you considered just making one batch that you’ll use for both doses?

PS I have some real world matters I must attend to so will not be on the forum as much for the next several days.  I will ask someone else to stop by to assist you.

Libertas,

Sorry for confusing you. I try to be as concise as I can.

We had a plan to keep morning dose at .375mg using milk. You suggested I taper my afternoon dose of .5mg to .375mg to equal the morning dose. That is the plan. I am using milk. Bedtime dose is pills.

I am aware of the solution/suspension debate. To me it is a milk titration. Suspension.

Yes. I am making 2 different batches for morning and afternoon. Easier for me.

The only change that I have wanted to make is the no waste method. That is all.

I am sorry that you are having troubles and I Pray that everything will be fine.

Thank you for sending someone who can get me started.

Thanks again,

Dana

Thank you for confirming your plan and answering my question, Dana.

Your posts are indeed concise.  The issue I’m having is that you have been starting a new thread each time you post.  Generally speaking, it’s easier for other members to assist you if you create one taper planning thread and post only to that thread.  That way, members can see what’s been discussed in one place instead of having to first find and then read multiple threads.  Make sense?

Now that we know you wish to make two different batches per day, I can help you get started.

Given that you are making a 0.01mg/mL liquid for your morning dose, I suggest you do the same for your afternoon dose.  If you want to make 3 days worth of liquid, you will need approximately 1.5mg of drug (0.5mg per day) to begin.

You can prepare your afternoon liquid the same way as your morning liquid.  Disperse 1.5mg of clonazepam tablets in 150mL of milk.  This ‘recipe’ will produce 150mL of a liquid with a concentration of 0.01mg/mL; 50mL of this liquid equates to your current afternoon dose of 0.5mg of clonazepam (50 X 0.01 = 0.5).

You have indicated you wish to reduce your dose by 0.002mg per day so …

Day 1 - drink 49.998mL

Day 2 - drink 49.996mL

Day 3 - drink 49.994mL

PS The reason I included the clarification about solution versus suspension was because you referred to your homebrew liquid as a solution in your opening post.  I just wanted to make sure you understood that we don’t really know the properties of any of the made-with-regular-tablet(s) homebrew liquids because, to our knowledge, they have not been professionally analyzed.  Consequently, it’s best to play it safe and treat homebrew liquids as if they are suspensions (i.e. shake well before using to disperse any ‘particles’ in the liquid as evenly as possible throughout the liquid and measure doses/reductions as quickly as possible before any ‘particles’ in the liquid settle out of suspension).

Hi Dana, Libertas makes a great point, its important to keep your titration efforts on one thread, continuity is important for both you and the people responding to your questions. 

Would it help if I merged them together, I'll wait until I hear from both you and Libertas before doing anything.  :)

Sorry for causing confusion with different threads. I have not done this before and will not again.

In my brain, I figured it was a different subject, in a way. My apologies.

Thank you for the math. That is a good plan. It is doable and I have got from here.

I understand about solution/suspension. I actually did a water taper almost right after reinstatement from my C/T and got down to 1.25mg. I always know to shake the mixture very well. Back then, that is all we had basically other than cut and hold. That was in 2003.

Again, thank you so much and sorry for the confusion. I wish you well on your other matters.

You are a great asset here, so don't forget it.

Hi Dana, Libertas makes a great point, its important to keep your titration efforts on one thread, continuity is important for both you and the people responding to your questions. 

Would it help if I merged them together, I'll wait until I hear from both you and Libertas before doing anything.  :)

It is whatever you want to do. As I told Libertas, I didn't mean to cause confusion with all of the threads. It won't happen again. Thanks.

Dana: No apology needed.  You were doing what made sense to you to get the help you needed.

Pamster: Thank you for your kind offer to merge Dana’s Titration threads into one. I’ll defer to her as to whether or not this would be helpful.